Welcome to Ledbury
Ledbury is a great centre for a relaxing break. Whether you're an occasional cyclist, a mountain biker, or a keen road rider, there are plenty of routes to choose from.
- Unspoilt market town with historic heritage trail.
- Excellent choice of pubs, cafés and restaurants.
- Traditional high street with many family-run shops.
- Easy to visit by bike, car, train, coach or bus.
- On the National Byway cycling route.
- Wide range of places to stay.
- Rural area with rolling fields, cider orchards, and panoramic views.
- Flat routes for families - and challenging hills for enthusiasts.
- Outstanding network of quiet Herefordshire lanes.
- Maps of cycling routes on country lanes, and mountain bike routes on bridleways.
- Bike hire available.
Sunday 19th June 2016: Rotary Ride along the Newent Loop in aid of prostate cancer.
Sunday 26th June 2016: Tour D'Arts Alive. Ride from Clun, Shropshire to help support Arts Alive and Flicks in the Sticks.
Sunday 10th July 2016: Ledbury Poetry Festival. Ride along the Ledbury Loop with pauses for poetry. Further info to follow.
Sunday 16th July 2016: Two cycle skills events at Colwall Ale House Festival.
1. Cyclacourse: 11.00 to 16.00. A timed pedal around a tortuous circuit in the event field. £3.00 adults. £1.00 under 16's.
2. Biketrial: 17.30 to 19.30. Beat the contours on 10 challenging sections on the edge of Oyster Hill. £5.00 adults, £2.00 under 16's.
More details from Colin Palmer. 01531 633500. Cycling@branchline.demon.co.uk